She likes to move it move it

By Carmen

Annley and I were in Georgia last week visiting family. Tyler joined us Friday night.

Wednesday Annley started scooting around on her belly, my brothers call this move the "Combat Carl".  Thursday she started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. 

Obviously I was really excited but I was also hoping she would hold off until Tyler was able to join us.  He loves being present for every milestone or at least being able to come home after work and seeing what Annley has accomplished during the day.  I knew he'd be really disappointed if he missed her first day of crawling.

Friday morning she stated rocking back and forth and swinging both of her knees forward.  That's when she figured out she was mobile. I cheered her on but I also made little comments like; "You know daddy would really love to see you crawl when he gets here tonight."

Tyler called to say he wouldn't get in until around 9 and my heart sunk.  I was sure he would miss the big event.  Annley normally goes to bed around 7 but Friday night she took a nap at 7.  Tyler got to the house around 9 and she hadn't crawled yet so I wanted him to see what she had learned.  I put her down and she crawled right up to Tyler.

We were all shocked and super excited. I was soo happy Tyler was able to be there for the first time she crawled.  Personally I think Annley was just waiting to show off for her daddy.

 

IMG_3613IMG_3615

2 comments:

Lori Kneisly said...
November 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Thatta girl! She knows how to hoard the key to her daddy's heart! I taught her well!

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.