Leaves of Fall

By Carmen

IMG_3155 (2) IMG_3193

The weather here has started to cool off enough that Annley and I can play outside.  We both love going on walks so I thought Annley would enjoy playing outside.  I took a bag with a blanket, some toys for her to play with & a book for me to read. Then we walked out into the yard.  There was just enough breeze that it tousled Annley's hair.  She loved it and started talking while l read.

 IMG_3167IMG_3201

IMG_3175

We stayed outside for about an hour.  During that time  Annley discovered leaves.  I was very surprised when she picked up a leaf and didn't put it directly into her mouth.  Instead she inspected it very carefully, looking over every inch of it. After inspecting it she carefully squeezed it and it crinkled and that's when she found her new favorite toy.  That's when she put the leaf in her mouth.  Now when we go out to play, she inspects the ground looking for leaves to play with.

IMG_3215 IMG_3221

The other day I took her to a tree with some low branches so she could play with leaves that wouldn't crumble upon her "fragile" touch.  That same day was rather windy so I picked up a leaf, got Annley's attention and let the leaf go in the wind.  She had the cutest look of confusion when she realized the leaf was gone. I kept releasing leaves into the wind until she caught on to what I was doing and then she just laughed.

2 comments:

Marlyse said...
October 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Looks like nice weather there! It kind of snowed this morning here...

Cute pictures!

Carmen K said...
October 12, 2008 at 7:30 PM

The weather has been perfect. I can't believe you've already had a little snow; that's crazy.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.