By Tyler
One of the bright points of living with the folks (temporarily - let's not forget that bright point) is that Carmen and I live in the epicenter of Kneisly family activity. It wasn't too long ago that I only found out my Kneisly-related news through other people's blogs or through family prayers. I tell you, nothing delivers hard-hitting family news quite like asking for God's blessing on something you "forgot" to announce to the rest of the family before you started praying about it.
"...and please bless all the under-privileged children who are coming to stay a week with us with absolutely no parental supervision or means of getting their own food..."
Huh? What?!
The best part is that everyone else not giving the prayer has to sit silently and wait for prayer to be over before they can explode with their attorney-style questioning. Also fun is knowing that while you're still muttering out a prayer, everyone else's eyes have flown wide open at the shock of the news-without-details you just dropped on them; everyone starts to silently communicate by eye contact trying to figure out if anyone else has heard about the news, until everyone consigns to the fact that they'll have to wait until prayer's over to get the details which is the point all eyes move to the prayer giver in an effort to laser-beam-vision them into hurrying up with the "amen". Which is a pins-and-needles sensation if there ever was one.
But I digress. There are no under-privileged children staying with us and the last time news was delivered to me like this was when Mom announced Marlyse's and Kenny's pregnancy.
So now I would like to play a new game in which someone monopolizes on their privileged information. In this game I take advantage of the fact that our nearest Kneisly relatives are no closer than 2000 miles away. Here's how the game works:
I show you this...
And you have to guess what it is.
This week's package is going to Marlyse.
Feel the pins and needles?


6 comments:
Wait... Marlyse is NOT pregnant? I was confused for a second there. I don't have mom around to pray me the most recent family happenings. I feel so alone. Your blogs are all I have. Next time something is prayed for Tyler, I am relying on you to give me the news. Or, maybe next time I get some really exciting news to say I'll tell you so that you can relay it to mom through means of prayer... HA HA HA! Together we will vanquish our nemesis! And outsmart the prayer-news-giver!!!
This cracked me up...many a times there has been news delivered to me this way. I think the last big news I found out this way was that my brother's wife (they live in Oklahoma) and their 3 girls are coming to stay with us for 6 weeks.
I get a package!!! Woo hoo!! I am so excited. Because I KNOW what it is. But only because I talked to Mom this morning. And if Mom knows what's best for her she'll have stuck in some Halloween decorations and treats for us so it kills two birds with one stone.
Well, Marlyse, don't expect to get too much more foreknowledge on packages you'll be getting for a while. I've struck up a deal with Mom where instead of telling the fam she's sending you all packages, she'll tell me and I get to post about it :-)
Darn and I was hoping you'd say it was a package to moi.
Because actually I'm kind of expecting one from Squishy dearest and hope it gets here before Thursday the 30th.
Pass it along.
Yeah, Melissa. I got to watch Squishy model the contents of your future-package just a couple hours ago. It's coming along!
Post a Comment