Georgia National Fair




Something about going to the fair screams HEY IT'S FALL!
This fall is the first time in 4 years I've been able to go. This year we went with my parents and took the kids.

There are a few things one must do and certain things one must eat to have the ultimate fair experience.

First, check out the livestock arena, this was one of Annley's favorite stops. She was able to see and pet large flop eared rabbits and she even got to pet a calf.

Second, ride the Ferris Wheel. Annley was not sure about this ride. She looked scared for the majority of the ride until we started picking out landmarks for her to find.

Third, play one game run by toothless carnies. We skipped this activity this year.

The best part is the food. Roasted corn, funnel cake, grilled chicken and fried Oreos.

Annley's favorite part of the fair was the giant slide. She got to slide down it twice and cried when it was time to move on.

The time came for us to leave. We were almost to the parking lot when I realized that I left my keys in the last chair I sat in. This was not good. It was nine o'clock and I had children who were pretending not to be sleepy.

My dad checked with the lost and found twice with no luck.

I finally went myself to talk to the lady at the lost and found. I left my name, number and a detailed description of my keys and keyring.

The lady at the lost and found desk let me know it would probably be a couple of days before my keys turned up if no one turned them in.

I called Tyler to relay that information and he got on the phone to arrange for a locksmith to meet us.

My dad and I made it half way back to my mom and Tyler when my phone rang. It was the lost and found desk. Someone had just turned in my keys.

The whole lost keys situation lasted about forty minutes which was long enough.

I am so grateful for answered prayers and for whoever it was that found my keys and took them to the lost and found.

1 comments:

Lori Kneisly said...
October 17, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I'm SO glad you got the keys, and I'm really glad you had a good time at the fair. Good times, good memories.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.