And They're Off




"Congratulations today is your day.
You're off to great places.
You're off and away."
- Dr. Suess

Those of you who know me are aware of my philosophy that I only run if something is chasing me or if I am playing a sport.

A few months ago, Tyler decided he would train for a half marathon. He likes to run. When he made this announcement I was 100% supportive.

Besides it's not like I was ever planning to run a half marathon.

A couple of months later Tyler mentioned that there would also be a 5k the morning of the half marathon. A few days later I decided that there was a chance that I could be ready to attempt a 5k in two months.

A few weeks after that, Tyler, offered to take me running with him on one of his short runs.

We got a last minute sitter and off we went.

Every now and then, Tyler being the thoughtful guy that he is would ask how I was feeling and offer me advice. He wouldn't tell me how far we'd gone only that he had a stopping point in mind.

Eventually we got to the stopping point and turned around to go back. When we finished, he announced that we had run 4.1 miles. I was shocked and very happy. This was the day I knew a 5k was possible.

Today was the big day.

Tyler, ran his half marathon in 1:59:12. Way to go Cuteness!!!

I ran my 5k in 33:40.


- Posted from my iPad

1 comments:

Crystal said...
October 31, 2010 at 1:21 PM

AWESOME! Very respectable times. Y'all should do the Resolution Run in TR on Jan 8th. There's a half marathon and a 5K. Much less fanfare, but also MUCH cheaper. :)

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.