Choc-o-late

Do you ever have those days where you can not get motivated to do anything or really even care what your children do?

I recently had one of those days. All I wanted to do was stay in my pjs and read. I did just that for the first time in since Annley was born.

I basically let Annley eat whatever she wanted including 5 or 6 chocolate medallions. She also had lots of cookies. Tyler and I let her eat junk food but I NEVER let Annley have more than one or two cookies or more than one or two pieces of candy a day so she was thrilled.

Bedtime rolled around and I tried unsuccessfully to get Annley to bed several times. Tyler was not home to help and I for some reason was very tired so I talked Annley into crawling into my bed to cuddle. This was not a quiet cuddle as it was full of endless chatter. I fell asleep.

I woke up when Tyler walked into the bedroom and whispered "What are you doing?"
I pointed at Annley and at that moment she popped up and endless chatter continued.

It was 10 o'clock. Tyler tried to put her to bed.
Annley- "Its not time for bed daddy. I'm not tired. Let's have lunch. We can have spaghetti and cookies. Do you want to come downstairs with me daddy?..."

This was all said in less than three seconds.

Tyler and I looked at each other and laughed wondering why our child who is almost always in bed before 8 o'clock was still awake and talking so much and so fast.

I thought back over our day and that's when I realized what I had done.
Never in the near future will my child have more than one piece of chocolate or more than a couple of cookies at a time after lunch.

We finally got Annley to bed at 11 o'clock. This was after she made her way downstairs to chatter at Nana and help narrate the movie Nana was watching.

Annley was up by 6 o'clock the morning.


- Posted from my iPad

1 comments:

Lori Kneisly said...
November 3, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Great memories!

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.