Last week I announced that Annley finally started rolling over. She still doesn't do it all the time but Tyler finally got to see her roll over on purpose. Right now Annley can only roll from her belly to her back & hasn't really shown much interest in getting from her back to her belly.
She is growing so fast and she is starting to play games with us. Today we learned a new game.
My mom told me that once Annley realized she could get somewhere by rolling over she would start rolling over more often. I, being a curious person decided to test this theory.
I laid her down on her belly in the living room and I laid down beside her. I started singing a song that I always sing when we are working on rolling over; as I sang the song I started to roll across the floor. Annley looked at me curiously (probably thinking what is mommy doing). I repeated the singing and rolling over process a couple more times and encouraged Annley to do it. She smiled and rolled over. (Victory!!)
Once I knew she knew what we were doing I started the process over again only she was on her back. She was still watching me with great interest and amusement. When I stopped she smiled and rolled on her side and was trying figure out how to make it the rest of the way. I pulled her over onto her belly and she grinned. Then she rolled onto her belly
I think I was more excited than she was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Isn't it so fun when your babies start being independant. Fun...but also a little sad.
I'm always more excited. It's funny how that works...
Post a Comment