My Life as NASCAR - By Tyler

Alright - now before you get any ideas or mental pictures of Tyler, toothless with a beer belly, a mullet, spending endless hours on the couch yelling at the TV as a bunch of cars race endlessly around a track, allow me to explain my title for today.

Tyler, in the not too distant future.Carmen and I were talking this morning about some of life's recent changes.  We both have younger brothers on missions.  I have a couple sisters who are married with children.  Carmen has made grandparents out of her parents.  I've lately enjoyed yelling at crazy teenagers for listening to their rock and roll too loud.

While we were talking about these changes Carmen asked me if any of these things ever made me feel... old.  I thought about it for a moment while the room became quiet with the only the sounds of my brain-wheels turning and my tired joints creaking to fill the silence.  And finally I offered my answer.

"No,"  I said.  "I believe my life is a lot like NASCAR."

"Like NASCAR?" Carmen questioned.

"Yes, like NASCAR.  I don't feel like I'm getting older at all - I feel more like a spectator watching everyone just keep circling the same track.  Sure, Tanner's on his mission.  Good for him!  He's on lap 200!  It's exciting.  But just like NASCAR he'll have another milestone his next lap around.  And his next.  And his next.  And just like NASCAR, the longer I'm watching the race, the more hair and teeth I start losing.  Just like NASCAR."

Okay, so maybe I don't really think of life as being like NASCAR.  But if anyone wants to sponsor us, Annley's got a few more places we could put some logos.

Baby Sponsors

Kidding, of course :-)

1 comments:

US said...
August 21, 2008 at 6:47 PM

How philisophical of you. I mean it too. Nice analogy on life. Almost as good as life is a football game.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.