Bippity Boppity Boo


The last few months Tyler has pretty much been MIA. Why? Well he has been involved with the local theater, and by involved I mean he got one of the lead roles in Roger's and Hammerstein's "Cinderella".

My Prince Charming actually got to be Prince Charming.

He had rehearsals six nights a week. Needless to say he was very missed, especially by his Little Princess who on one or two occasions was a little jealous that he was off playing with Cinderella instead of at home with her.




Tyler was nice enough to let me help him with his lines. I was glad to be involved somehow.

The girl playing Cinderella was more than a little bothered about the fact that Prince Charming was a married man that she had to kiss not just once but three times a show three nights a week.

Opening night came and I did not go. Instead I went the following night. Unfortunately, my seat was right next to the play's director. I wasn't nervous about the fact my husband was going to kiss another woman but nervous about how my reaction would come across to the director. The whole play I was so self conscience about how my body language and facial expressions looked to the director. Especially the scene with the kiss.

I was fortunate enough to go to another show on closing weekend with my parents and my brother. Needless to say I enjoyed that show much more, partially because I was NOT sitting next to the director and partially because it was obvious that the cast was more comfortable with what they were doing and they were having more fun.

Tyler did an amazing job playing the role as Prince Charming during and after the show. He and Cinderella were very patient signing autographs for all the little girls. Tyler, from what I heard, actually had several admirers.

The stepsisters stole the show. They were very talented and came across hateful and hilarious at the same time. It was a very good show.





Annley did not actually get to see the play because she is no where close to being considered a quiet child, especially when pretty dresses and princesses are involved.

She did, however, get to meet Cinderella and Prince Charming after one of the plays. She was very quiet and did not recognize Prince Charming at first. Once she realized Prince Charming was her Daddy she was her usual animated self. That is, until she met Cinderella.

Cinderella was very kind to Annley. Annley was kind right back and even curtsied for her.








I'm grateful that Tyler was able to participate in the play but I am even more grateful that the play is over and that we'll have Tyler back home in the evenings for a few months until his next play.





And we are currently living happily ever after!

1 comments:

Lori Kneisly said...
September 20, 2010 at 9:27 AM

What a great story!! I love the happily ever after part. :)

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.