Yesterday, I talked to Annley about Halloween.
I asked her if she would like to be Tinker Bell for Halloween. She was very excited and immediately began asking me about Tinker Bell's green dress.
I explained that I would have to make Tinker Bell 's dress before she could wear it. Annley then said "Mommy, you need to make Tinker Bell's green dress so I can wear it."
She talked about it for awhile and then moved on to other things.
Then at eleven o'clock last night Parker woke Annley up. It took Tyler and I thirty minutes to get her and Parker back to bed.
Tyler and I weren't in bed 10 minutes when Annley opened our bedroom door and then crawled into bed with us, an activity she usually saves for 4:00am.
I was frustrated. Wasn't she just asleep? Why was she up again?
I wondered out loud to Tyler. Tyler whispered "I think she's excited about Tinker Bell's dress."
What? Surely not.
So I asked.
"Annley, Why are you awake? What are you so excited about?"
"Mommy, I want to wear Tinker Bell's green dress."
Oh, for heaven's sake, I should have kept my mouth shut!
She has been talking about the dress that doesn't yet exist almost since the moment I let the words slip out of my mouth.
- Posted from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is so funny! I know it is hard to understand time at their age and everything is suppose to be "right now!" We are going to see Disney Princesses on Ice in November and for some crazy reason I told Laurel about it a few weeks ago. Now she asks everyday if today is the day we are going to see Belle and Cinderella. I should learn to keep my mouth shut too! :)
I've learned to wait to tell things to Hadley as well. I love Annley, she's so funny. I can't wait to see you guys in a few months!
Post a Comment