By Carmen
Four months ago Tyler and I decided to teach Annley start sleeping through the night we had to put it off until after the holidays since we had just moved, she was constantly teething and we would be traveling to much to have much consistency.
I didn't mind waiting because I was dreading putting Annley through sleep training because of all the horror stories I had been hearing. Once the holidays were over and I decided I could no longer handle being sleep deprived. We picked the weekend we wanted to do it, we let Tyler's parents know what was going on and asked that they ignore any crying or screaming they heard, and discussed our game plan to get us through this potentially trying ordeal.
Saturday night we put Annley to bed like we normally do. Tyler was to have the first shift. He stayed up until she woke up which was 2:20am. He went in and comforted her for a minute or two, told her good night and left. She cried for 10-15 mins and Tyler repeated the process. Sometime during all this Tyler said she was crying and then started half crying and half saying "ta-da" to get him to come back in (she usually says ta-da when she is excited or when she wants excited attention). She went back to sleep and woke up at 4:30 to eat and slept until 8:30am. She has never slept that late in her life. I was so happy and well rested.
Sunday night I only had to go in once to comfort her for about 2 mins and she went back to sleep on her own with out much complaining. Last night she slept all night!!
I don't think I realized how sleep deprived I had actually been until I started sleeping more than 2-3 hours at a time. I finally have my energy back. I haven't felt this good in 18months:)


10 comments:
Congrats on the new life ahead!! It's the best feeling ever once you bite the bullet and just make them sleep. The one or two days are total hell, but then it's heaven on Earth.
I'm happy for y'all! And, Annley will probably be a different girl now too (at least ours were).
Oh Carmen! Keep it up. That's so hard but I'm sure you were ready for change. I don't know what I would do if I went that long w/o my sleep. I'm afraid my next baby will be harder than Hadley.
I am happy with the "new" mommy and the "new" Annley that have come from this new sleeping arrangement.
Yay! Way to go Annley. And parents. So worth the tears.
I love it when she says, "Ta-da".
Annley says "Ta-da???" Or Carmen does? j/k
I wanna hear!
We both do:P but Annley is much cuter and gets more of a response when she does it.
Oh that brilliant moment when you wake up and think to yourself..."I just slept more than two hours in a row!"
I am so happy for you...even if it doesn't last...which, well, it probably won't because next week she'll be cutting a tooth, the week after she'll get a little stuffy nose...the next week you'll get a stuffy nose...but even so, it's such a nice feeling to know that it can be done.
You were definitely right. She is teething this week and it is good feeling to know that it can be done.
Yay for you! A full nihts sleeps makes all the difference in the world. Mine are going the other way. Dray wakes up in the middle of the night screaming "Don't shoot me!"
Post a Comment