Annley's Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day

By Carmen

Tuesday started out like any other day for Annley.  She woke up at 6am.  She played with her Daddy for an hour so I could get a little more sleep.  Then we all came downstairs for breakfast. The morning continued to be wonderful until I sat down to practice the piano. Annley stood at the end of the piano happily hitting the keys until she decided she just had to get on the piano bench.  In the midst of pulling herself up on the bench she slipped and whacked her forehead on the corner of on of the legs. A purple bruise promptly appeared right smack dab on the middle of her forehead.

A little later in the day I asked Annley to help me fold clothes which is something she likes to be a part of.  Usually this involves Annley unfolding everything I have just folded.  This particular day Copper was "resting" (hovering) close by.  Annley decided to crawl over and say hello; something that is not out of the ordinary.  He saw her coming and seemed to be very calm, she went to pet him (very gently) and he spun around, bit her and snarled at her.  I was shocked, furious, terrified and mad.  I jumped up and ran over to them scolding Cooper and trying to comfort my hysterical child at the same time.  Her little arm puffed up instantly around the area where she was bitten.

IMG_4203

Seeing his teeth wrapped around her little arm is permanently burned into my mind.   I was shaking for like an hour after it was over and tried not to think about it until Annley took her next nap.  What if he wouldn't have let go? What if she hadn't been wearing long sleeves?   What if he does this again? These are the questions that have been running through my mind since it happened.

Obviously Annley is no longer allowed to be near Cooper or play with him anymore. Tyler has decided he is not to even be in the same room with her.

7 comments:

Jared and Megan said...
January 24, 2009 at 1:32 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Megan said...
January 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

poor Annley! I hope she's feeling better. Do you think Cooper was scared of her? That is so scary! I hope you guys are doing well.

Carmen K said...
January 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

No, they used to play together everyday. It took me awhile to even let them play together and when I did I always kept an eye on them. He never showed any signs of fear or aggression unless it involved his food.
She has fully recovered from the incident.

Marlyse said...
January 24, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Since he was my dog I feel somewhat responsible for this. You can let my dad know for me that if they'd like they can put him to sleep now. I wasn't ready before. But I understand if it's time.

US said...
January 26, 2009 at 11:00 AM

That happened to Peyson too. Evil Ellie got her in the eye. She had to get a CAT scan and all. Sad day! She is so stinkin cute, though. I can't wait to see her someday!

Travis said...
January 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Who is Copper? Just kidding. Poor Annley. Bad Cooper. Will mom have the guts to put him down? I think I remember mom saying he was going to be put to sleep a while ago. Why hasn't that happened yet. It's a lot like dad and the Jeep I suppose. Some things just keep getting put off. Hahaha.

Unknown said...
January 29, 2009 at 10:40 AM

How scary. Poor girl. And mama. That would be horrible to see. Glad she's doing fine!

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.