Ike's Pets

By Tyler

So I checked the news this morning and apparently there's a hurricane.  They've named it Ike.

Ike Ike-1

Now, this was obviously not news to me.  What was news to me was that, for a limited time only, you too can adopt an adorably water-damaged pet from the Humane Society that has been rescued from Ike's allegedly devastating path.  That must've been news worthy because it was in the news.

cat_rain copy

I say "allegedly devastating" because I'm not personally there and I can't possibly know for myself how bad it is, except as evidenced by what's in the media.

So here's what the media's told me:  It's a category 4 hurricane and the National Weather Service has proclaimed "Certain Death" on any person who doesn't evacuate.  Which is kind of a bum deal.

And yet, with all the doom-and-gloom reporting by all the news outlets, the only photos I can find aren't devastating at all.  They're all... well... pretty amusing.  Here's my favorite:

My prayers go out to her.

2 comments:

Ms. Kneisly said...
September 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM

I'm so glad you posted. I have been so out of the world-loop I was still unaware of the hurrican's name.

Unknown said...
September 15, 2008 at 4:12 PM

the human society? i always thought it was the humane society.
you would think that the human society wouldn't be so worried about cats.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.