I think sometimes I get caught up in the stresses that come with parenting, especially the last 18 months while we've been living with Tyler's parents. Recently, Tyler gave me some great advice which was to stop worrying about whether or not my every move of parenting was being judged. I still worry burton a much smaller scale.
Instead I've been trying to take a few minutes a day to think about the good & fun things that parenting can bring.
So this post is about being a mom
I love:
* Cuddles & kisses
*Playing tickle monster
*Being able to hear kids laugh
*Seeing them smile
*Listening to the funny things they say
*Helping them learn a new skill
*The quiet moments
*When one of them falls asleep on me.
* The way babies smell
*Seeing how excited they get over the littlest things
*Pouty faces
*Those moments it takes everything I have not to smile when they done or said something that is both so funny & so wrong.
*Watching their eyes light up
*Getting to act like a kid myself*Just looking at them
*Laughing at them
*Being able to see just how differently their personalities are
*Listening to their sweet prayers
*Knowing they are blessings from Heavenly Father
I want to remember these moments forever.
I am point in my life where I wish I could slow things down; keep my kids little longer.
It feels as though time is quickly slipping by and before long they'll be on their own.
In case you can't tell, I love my kids more than anything. I'm so grateful HeavenlyFather has blessed our family with three amazing, smart, beautiful children. Sometimes knowing the responsibility Tyler & I have to teach them is a little daunting but I'm grateful for the opportunity to do so.
Having children makes me wonder how anyone could doubt the existence of God. Where else could something so sweet, innocent and beautiful as a little child come from.


1 comments:
I've been feeling the same way about how fast time seems to be going right now. I don't like it but I've decided I have to enjoy it as much as possible while I can.
Post a Comment