Open House


This weekend My mom and I took the kids and drove two hours north to Atlanta for the Atlanta Temple Open House. We made a spur of the moment decision to go,got dressed, packed snacks, jumped in the car and took off.

I was so worried that my kids would be disruptive and noisy during the tour of the Temple but it was also something I really wanted to do.


Annley was so excited to be going to Temple and getting to go inside.

She started singing the Primary song "I Love to See the Temple" as soon as we drove onto the temple grounds.


First, we watched a video that talked about the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints in Georgia, the Atlanta Temple and how we would feel inside the Temple. I was able to get Parker to sleep during this movie and fervently hoped that he would sleep during the tour.


Next, we were given slippers to put over our shoes to keep the Temple carpets clean. Annley thought the slippers were great. Once we had the Slippers we were led inside and began the tour.


The Temple was beautiful and peaceful. Parker did sleep the entire tour and woke up the minute we exited the building. Annley managed to talk at a whisper most of the time and was in awe of the chandeliers and paintings.


Annley's favorite part of inside of the Temple was the Bride's Room which was roped off.

"Mommy, what's that room?"

"Well, it's a room where ladies go on their wedding day to put on their wedding dresses to get married."

We continued on the tour as soon as the room was out of sight Annley I could see distress setting in on Annley's face.

"Mommy, where's my wedding dress? I have to wear my wedding dress in the room."


Annley learned a lot from going to the Temple. She can tell you that...

~Angel Moroni is on top of the Temple.

~There are twelve oxen under the baptismal font.

~The Temple is Jesus house.

~Brides have their own room where they get to wear wedding dresses.


She may not remember all of the tour but if she remembers any of it I'm betting it will be the Bride's Room and I am fine with that.


I really wish Tyler could have been there with us. I really missed him especially when we were all in the Sealing Room. All I could think of was how grateful I am to know that Tyler and I are sealed together and our children are sealed to us for eternity.


Going to the Open House was a wonderful experience for me. The Spirit was so strong and I felt more peace than I have felt in awhile.

1 comments:

Marlyse said...
April 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I love all your new posts, Carmen! I'm so glad you got to go to the Temple. It sounds like you had an amazing time.

We're in S.C. right now and we miss seeing you...we'll meet up in Seattle though soon!

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.