Little Feet Making Big Strides

 


I love watching my kids learn and grow but sometimes there are things they learn and milestones they hit that make me stop and think, "Man I wish they would stay little."

This week Annley has decided she wants to do everything by herself. Mostly they are the things I've been hoping and encouraging her to do like; dressing herself, taking herself to the bathroom, putting on her shoes, getting in and out of strollers etc.

Yesterday and today she has wanted help with none of those things and while I'm proud of her and excited I'm also a little sad that she is growing up.

Annley is my cautious child. She is 3 and only has only recently been willing to jump off anything to someone else. This week she jumped from one track mat to another which were both just below my waist.
.
She is also learning to write. I really ought to give her more credit than I have. She can write more letters than I knew she could. Today she wrote the words Annley and house. I told her how to spell them and she wrote them. I was so proud of her and she was so excited to have written on her own. She can't wait to mail them to her daddy.

Parker is also becoming more independent in his own way and more curious though I wouldn't have thought it possible. He's decided after his nap he prefers to play alone. This is strange to me since Annley has only recently started playing alone and even then she wants you in line of sight.

Parker is a junk food junkie and can sniff out chocolate, peanut butter and crackers regardless of where they are hidden. Just this afternoon I noticed an odd silence in the house so I went to look for him. I found him sitting in the floor with a half empty bag of Reese's Pieces Easter candy.

He has learned how to not only lift the toilet lid to play in the water but he can also flush the toilet. We now keep the bathroom door closed. He likes investigating places that should be left to fairies, gnomes and other small mythical creatures.

Lately his favorite thing in the world is to irritate Annley. He loves the reaction my little Prima Donna gives him every time he comes at her.

1 comments:

Lori Kneisly said...
May 8, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I love these pictures. Thanks for the post.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.