Mommy’s Helper

By Carmen

A few months ago I started giving Annley chores to do around the house.  It drags the chores out longer for me but Annley is learning how to help.

When I first decided to have Annley start helping with the chores, I was worried it would turn into a power struggle.

Then I remembered that she is an attention seeker.

All I have to do is give lots of praise and do a couple of cheers and she is more than willing to help.

Her chores include;

IMG_0047

Laundry- loading the washer, putting clothes in the dryer, taking clothes from the dryer and putting them in the “big chair” and now we are working on putting her clothes away.

IMG_0076

Dishes- Unloading the silverware and other unbreakable dishes.

Cleaning her room and play area.

So far she is more than willing to help feels very proud that she is helping.  I am going to enjoy eagerness to help while it lasts.

2 comments:

The Arrrrrgalls said...
March 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Oh my gosh, how is she old enough to do all that. Last time we saw her she was barely walking. Next thing you know, she'll be off driving!! Slow down kiddo!

Lori said...
March 16, 2010 at 7:36 AM

What a good girl. And there's a lot more chores where those came from. :)

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.