What a Night!

By Carmen

Last night I had more energy than I have had in months.  I was quite productive too.  I managed to wash and fold 3 loads of laundry, make a deer roast, clean the kitchen, make 3 different desserts and make some bean bags and arts and craft projects for Annley.

This put me going to bed around 1AM.

I was planning on getting a good night’s rest after such a busy night.

Sometime around 2Am I woke up to the feeling of something cold and wet dripping on my shoulder.  This is a very startling experience to have at 2Am.  Then I heard Annley very cheerfully say “good morning mommy”.

This sent my mind reeling. 

How did my under 2year old make it out of her crib and into my bed?

Did she climb out and make her way to our room and somehow into our bed?  If so, how did she manage to get a bottle of milk?

Was I so tired that I just didn’t remember getting her, the milk and then putting her in bed?

I finally woke Tyler up and asked her how Annley made it to our bed.  He said he heard her calling for me and when he went into her room she popped up said “good morning”.

When I found out what time it was, I scooped her up and took her back to bed.  At 3:30 she was up again with no intention of going back to bed so I brought her upstairs and turned on movie hoping I’d be able to sleep.

Unfortunately, she wanted to play.  She finally settled down around 4:30 to watch her movie and by 5 :30 she had fallen asleep on me. She tossed and turned but stayed asleep until7:45.

Apparently, staying up late last night was a bad idea. 

Maybe she just preparing me for the sleepless nights that are to come with having another baby.

1 comments:

Lori Kneisly said...
January 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Oh dear. And I'm part of the reason you stayed up late. But it WAS fun!

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.