Dancing in the Rain


Annley has never liked anything resembling a shower including sprinklers and rain.

This afternoon it looked as though it would start pouring any second so I took Annley outside.

It started raining as soon as we got outside but instead of bringing her inside immediately I decided to see how she would react.

Much to my surprise not a complaint escaped her pretty little lips. Instead she ran around playing and yelling "WOW!"


A few minutes later I brought her onto the porch where she continued to spalsh and play. Everytime she went into the steady flow of rain (that ran off the roof) we, my family and I would burst into cheers and praise. Soon she was dancing under the water not even the least bit phased by the water running into her eyes. Obviously I was pleased.


Eventually she remembered that it was also raining and the grass and went to the very edge of the porch and said "grass" so we put her in the grass and started a game of tag. Uncle Dustin put on his swim trunks and joined us in the yard.


Thirty minutes later we decided it was time to come inside. We stood on the porch completely soaked through and very happy.

2 comments:

Jared and Megan said...
August 18, 2009 at 2:08 PM

that sounds wonderful.
and I love that she was saying 'wow' over and over, that's hilarious. =)

Lori Kneisly said...
August 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

What? No picture of the game of chase on the lawn? It's sounds like a perfect day.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.