Batter Batter Swing!

By Carmen

The last 2 weeks Tyler and I have been getting ready for the annual stake softball day.  We had 3 practices with our ward.  I was quite impressed with how well Tyler did, especially since he’d never played softball before our first practice.

Our ward was actually good.  Most of the team was fairly young and pretty athletic.  We were excited.

Today was the day. I was up this morning at 5:15 without an alarm clock anticipating the day of fun and games.

Our ward had enough people to help out 3 other teams who were short handed.  Tyler and I were put of a team with a ward who did not practice at all and who the majority were older and overweight.  “Great!” I thought “we have no chance at winning”.

Then I remembered it was church softball and who cares.  We didn’t win any of our games but we did improve vastly throughout the day. 

116_0187

116_0182 

While Tyler and I were playing, Annley was playing with her Nana, the other kids who were there, and some of the other sisters who were there.  She had a blast eating her snacks and mooching from others.

 

It wasn’t until last week that I realized that I no longer have the body of a 16 year old.  What I mean by that is when I was 16 I could play a weekend long softball tournament and wake up the next morning with no aches and pains at all.

Now when I play a softball game or practice, I wake up feeling like I’ve been hit by a freight train.  Which has me concerned for what kind of shape I’ll be in (and how I’ll be walking) when I wake up tomorrow.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.