Heart Attack Anyone?

By Carmen

Tyler and I went to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. 

Luckily we have an awesome babysitter who didn't mind coming over to "watch" Annley while we went to the movie.

Tyler and I enjoyed our evening out but were looking forward to coming back home so we could get a couple hours of sleep before we had to start our day.

We turned on to our street and saw blue and white lights flashing.  Those lights looked like lights from a police car.  Those lights also looked like they were coming from our driveway.  We realized as we got closer that there were two police cruisers outside of our house.

My heart jumped to my throat as unrealistic thoughts about why the police were outside our house popped into my head.  Tyler pulled the car over to call our babysitter to find out what was going on. She did not answer. Thus my heart rate increased to the point that it felt like it would pop out of my chest at any minute.

We finally pulled up in front of our house.  Tyler lowered his window and asked the officer if every thing was okay.

Tyler:  "Evenin Officer,  is everything okay"

Officer: " Everything is fine"

An awkward moment of silence

Me: This is our house is everything okay?"

Officer: "Oh, yes everything is fine.  A neighbor called about the van parked outside your house."

Tyler:  "That's our babysitter's van. We were worried something was wrong with the baby or the babysitter."

Officer: Oh, well everything is fine.

I guess I understand that officers can't really divulge why they are at someone's house at 3AM but that was way more excitement than I could handle for one night.

I'm also glad to know that my neighbors pay close attention to what cars are normally around (granted this van was a large white work van with no windows) and are perfectly fine with calling the police with anything out of the ordinary.

5 comments:

Remodelaholic said...
July 15, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Wow! You should thank your neighbor for being so aware! That really is a blessing! Even if it didn't feel like it at the time!

And by the way... HOW was the movie? Did you like it? We are planning on going Friday, I can't wait!

US said...
July 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Oh my gosh, heart attack indeed. Stupid nosy neighbors. Ha ha. We saw Harry Potter last night too. I was dead by the time we got home and I am still dead now.

Candace said...
July 15, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I would have had a heart attack!! Glad everything was fine!

Marlyse said...
July 17, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I'm glad it wasn't serious. Your story made me laugh though!

Unknown said...
July 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM

See. That's what happens when there is no Nana around to babysit on late nights. And take your neighbor some cookies. Our neighbors would NEVER do that.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.