A Place called Pumpkin Town

By Carmen

 

Earlier this week Tyler's mom offered to take Annley and I up to Saluda, NC to look around and to enjoy the scenery.  I was more than willing to go so we packed up the car with all the baby essentials and hit the road.

Annley spent the first 1/2 of the trip screaming but calmed down once we reached Table Rock.  The scenery was absolutely breathtaking.  The leaves were vibrant shades of yellow, reds and oranges.

100_5929100_5933

 

We left Table Rock and stopped in Pumkintown. Its a small little town out in the middle of nowhere with a few shops.  While we were in Pumpkin Town we decided to take advantage of a photo-op with the pumpkins. We walked around for a little while until a little restaurant, Aunt Sue's opened.  Then we had lunch.  Lori (Tyler's mom) and I discovered the best chocolate mint pie in the world.  I have tasked myself to discover the recipe.

100_5939100_5935

The rest of the drive to Saluda was beautiful and peaceful.  I was able to get out and take some pictures along the way.  I was standing on the side of the road at one point taking a picture and I had a few thoughts..."I am so grateful Heavenly Father created this world for me."  "How can people look around them and see all the beauty that can be found in the world and deny that there is a Creator? "

I am so grateful that Lori took time out of her day to share a drive that she has so often enjoyed with me. It was so nice to get away from everything, have a few minutes to think and get a little perspective on life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
November 8, 2008 at 2:20 PM

We miss you guys and think of you often. Be sure you look at Ronnie and Carmen's blog of the boys. They will be glad to see the joy you have with your new little one. They grow so fast. We are hanging in there with all the kids and issues we deal with daily but we love the kids. Take care and enjoy. Yes, Heavenly Father has given us much beauty and joy in our life and land we have. Take care, Pat Bradley.

Marlyse said...
November 11, 2008 at 3:03 PM

CUTE family picture! I like that at the top of your blog, that's awesome!

I'm glad you got to have a fun drive. I bet it was such perfect weather there for fall.

Ms. Kneisly said...
November 14, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I think my mom rocks.

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.