One of my goals this summer is to expose Annley to lots of nature and by nature I mean bugs and living things. Some of my favorite summer memories are of catching lighting bugs, frogs, turtles, going fishing etc...
Annley's first encounter was with a toad her cousin caught while we were on a walk. Annley loved looking at the toad but she refused to get close to it or touch it. I guess maybe it was too ugly for her highness to touch; I'm not sure. She still asks to go for walks and look for frogs so I guess she likes them to some extent if nothing else she thinks they are funny when they jump.
The second "outing" was to catch lighting bugs. I bought her a bug box that she could put them with the condition that she touch one of the lighting bugs. She readily agreed. We waited with great excitement for it to get dark enough for the lighting bugs to come out and off we went. Annley loved the chase and opened and closed the box as her cousins and I caught the bugs. Did she touch a lighting bug? Um no.
The third outing was a fishing trip. Annley has been begging to go fishing since we got back to my parents' house last week. Last night we finally got to go. It was a family affair. Even my mom and Parker went. Luckily there are some wonderful people in our ward who have a playground not too far from the pond on their property. This is where Parker and my brother's girlfriend spent most of their time.
Annley told me that she was going to catch three fish, put them in a white box, then I could clean them and cook them but not the big one.
Well, I caught a couple of little fish and guess what? She touched one and I have proof.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Oh yes. She looks thrilled. That is a lot of excitement for one day.
Post a Comment