Oatmeal

By Carmen

 

I make oatmeal for Annley on average 3 times a week.  Unfortunately I always have to cook it on the stove.  Why? Because EVERYTIME  I attempt to microwave it, the oatmeal overflows and I have a big mess to clean up.

I don't know why, but this morning I decided to attempt to microwave Annley's oatmeal thinking perhaps this time the oatmeal would stay in the bowl. 

WRONG!  Thirty-five seconds into cooking the oatmeal I had yet another big mess to clean up.

You'd think that someone who is able to cook pretty well could manage microwaving a little oatmeal.

Maybe someday I figure out what I'm doing wrong,  I'm sure its something ridiculously simple.

The silver lining in all this that by cooking the oatmeal on the stove I can make a weeks worth and just dish it out and reheat it every morning.

2 comments:

Marlyse said...
June 5, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Haha, that IS a silver lining. Way to look at the bright side! I cook Hadley's everyday in the microwave but we're lucky and it doesn't overflow. Maybe my microwave is weak compared to yours!

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...
June 15, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Hey Carmen I have an idea! Nothing stops me and the microwave its my friend. I think you should do it in a bigger bowl. I do that and it never makes a mess but when i do it in a normal bowl there is a mess like you said. Try it!

Back to Home Back to Top Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.